* It’s about YOU - your Body’s Way…stressing "precision not perfection"!
* It increases your pleasure of living and being in your own body.
* You will experience a new way of fitness that is creative and FUN!
* Taught in 3 levels for your own level of fitness, capability, and energy level.
* Calms the mind and creates stress reduction.
* Promotes long-term flexibility and strength, improving muscle tone & agility.
* Improves endurance and organ function, particularly that of the heart and lungs.
* Promotes weight loss and proper maintenance of weight.
* Strengthens immunity by improving circulation of blood, the flow of lymphatic drainage, and the release of toxins through sweating.
* Builds your energy – your “Chi”!
* Improves cognitive function, concentration, and increases sensory awareness.
* Can aid in alleviating emotional distress such as anxiety, depression, and life stress.
* Teaches powerful concepts such as Dynamic Power balanced with Dynamic Ease.
* A strong workout that is gentle on the body…linear/fluid; top-to-bottom movements; fast/slow; power and precision in harmony with the creative and playful nature within us all.
* A user-friendly approach with practical applications of body integrative therapies and integration of movement forms.
* Uses visual and sensory language.
* No pressure to learn combinations or rigid technique.
* Versatile choreography set to beautiful, eclectic World Music.
* No experience necessary!
...and these gems from the creators of NIA, Debbie and Carlos Rosas:
For the National NIA website click on: http://www.nianow.com/
Carlos Rosas is a practical, direct teacher who challenges us to “find your warrior spirit". When a new Nia teacher was ready for teaching her first class, Carlos wired her this simple but powerful encouragement: “Don’t TRY – have FUN!”
Debbie Rosas says, “Balance. It’s the ability to be the alchemist of your own life. As Nike says, “just do it.” I add to this, “…and do it your way, all the way.”
From Melanie: A quote from Vita Sackville West…”Growth is exciting; growth is dynamic and alarming. Growth of the soul, growth of the mind.”…and to this I will add, “and growth in the Body’s Way!” Please come join me on this journey!