* Please be aware that the 1st class of each session will run approx. 15 minutes longer (approx. 7-8:30) This provides time for some ice-breakers and visiting. This is also time for some of you to finalize your payments. We will also do a quick break-down of the basic steps!
* A word about committment and time.....Nia begins with 'creating the space', intention, and centering. Please try as much as possible to honor yourself and all involved by arriving in a timely manner, ready to get the most out of your class. Being present for setting the intention is a very important component of the Nia experience!
Out of courtesy to everyone, please arrive approx. 10 min. before class time for bathroom break, questions, etc. Please arrive dressed in your work-out clothes. Also, consider that parking is sometimes a problem, so allow for a bit of extra time for this as well.
*ATTIRE: Nia allows you to wear to whatever you feel good working out in! It is done barefoot whenever possible, with the exception of someone with special needs. If you need shoes, please do not come in street shoes, but bring proper dance or athletic shoes for support that are free of street dirt. You WILL sweat! It is best to wear attire that wicks moisture and breathes. Floor work is involved, so if you choose to wear a skirt or flowing attire, make sure you have leggings or such underneath! Jazz or running pants are great; shorts w/footless tights; t-shirts, tanks, or support tops are fine. Some folks wear a flowing mini-dress or skirt over their top and leggings. Remember to get footless leggings or tights! This will prevent slipping or falling. Something that covers the knees is best to avoid any floor burn. Come colorful! Come with whatever strikes your mood. This is for You!!!
* Please be sure to bring a water bottle to stay hydrated. A small bottle of hand-sanitizer is also a good idea after floor work!
* It is recommended that you bring a yoga mat or a thick towel for floor work.
* For those of you biking, again, please allow extra time for inclement weather, locking your bikes, etc. Please car-pool if possible in winter months!